Homemade Sausage Making - Boudin Sausage Recipe

Boudin sausage is a cajun sausage used in creole cooking. Boudin sausage can be made with a number of different meats. The recipe for cajun boudin sausage we are going to share here is made with pork, but traditional boudin sausage have been made with crawfishand even alligator. To make authentic cajunand creole food it is essential that you have boudin sausage for your recipes. I think you will find this recipe for homemade boudin sausage is easy to make and is delicious.Now let’s get started!

2 lb Pork Shoulder
1 lb Pork Liver
2 tsp Salt
2 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 Large Chopped Onion
3 Bunches Green Onions
1 1/2 tbsp Chopped Parsley
12 Cups Cooked Rice

Take the pork shoulder and the pork liver along with the salt and pepper and simmer in water until the meat is tender and starts to fall apart. Remove the meat from the pot and save the broth for later. Before the meat cools grind with  the onion, green onion, andparsley. After you grind the meat and vegetables mix with the cooked rice. When making most sausage you would use water to add to the sausage before you stuff it, but when making boudin sausage you are going to use the broth that you used to cook the meat in.  Use just enough of the broth to make the boudin sausage mixture moist. Take the mixture and stuff into hog casings. I hope you enjoy this recipe for cajun boudin sausage as much as we do. Good luck and happy sausage making.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks to share your home made sausage tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks so much for posting such a great recipe. The list of ingredients have my mouth watering already. I have made thousands of pounds of sausage, but never boudin. I am going to try your recipe. I am thinking about doing a light hickory smoke at the end. Keep up the good work and thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much do you like to grind your meat for a Boudin Sausage? I imagine you would want a fine grind. In general, I use the largest grind I can for my general sausage, but have been wanting to try a sausage with a fine grind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Instead of pork can we use chicken as sausage? But your recipe really tempts me to try at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. for a fellow sausage aficionado... solid dudes kitchen (internet food show from Detroit) just put out this sausage fest episode. so cool. theres some guys in Detroit making sausage thats really finely crafted(porktown sausage) and they are featured in the episode - http://vimeo.com/59957244

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creole cooking is just the best! Can't wait to give this a go. Will be following this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boudin is delicious, this is an awesome recipe for anyone looking to make sausage at home. Quality ingredients really make the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dad used to make boudin all the time, so whenever I eat it I remember when he used to cook for us. I'm a fan of just about any kind of creole food, but boudin is one of my all time favorites. Thanks for sharing this recipe, I'm going to have to try out out!

    http://www.custombutchersmokehouse.com/services.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The recipe is awesome. Great for weekends, especially Sunday. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sound really tasty! And think I should try this recipe too, but usually I prefer video recipes, as it's easier fr me to follow the instructions in such a way. There plenty of helpers like this online video maker to make a great video recipe really easy! I'd be glad to see one with your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello,
    This above represented post is too excellent. I loved the entire process of making Sausage Recipes. Thank you too much.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent information on your thank you for taking the time to share with us.
    Sausage Making Machine

    ReplyDelete